It’s that time of year when we all dig out our beach bags, charge our kindles and dust off our holiday gym kit and golf clubs. Your summer holiday is something you look forward to for months, you’ve told everyone where you’re going and how stunning the place is, you can’t wait. The flights are booked, travel insurance sorted, airport parking and car insurance booked, currency ordered and your mobile contract is holiday ready, but did you think about what you’re leaving behind?..
Sure the cat will go to the cattery and Janet from next door will water the plants and take any packages whilst you’re away but how can you keep your home, safe when you’re not there?….
Think safe and try our crime prevention tips before you head off on your summer holiday!
- Lock windows and doors – don’t leave one open for the cat (fit a cat flap)
- Don’t leave keys on the inside of doors – it’s easy for someone to unhook keys from the outside using a simple wire device via the letterbox
- Give a neighbour a spare key and the alarm fob in case there’s a false alarm whilst on holiday
- Give your home security a check up to make sure everything’s in full working order and change old batteries before you go
- Make sure you have visible security sensors or cameras on the front of your home, on garages, outhouses and lockups
- Increase the light on the front of your property with a light sensor and use timers to light the inside of your home
- Lock cars, motorbikes, motorhomes, bicycles etc in the garage out of sight
- If you haven’t got anyone popping round to look after the house, cancel papers whilst you’re away
For peace of mind you can call Helen at White Horse Security who can give you details of a fully monitored alarm system via Southern Monitoring, 24 hour protection for complete peace of mind whilst you’re away.
Customers right now are also taking advantage of our annual maintenance package that ensures your alarm is in tip-top condition year round, why not get in touch for more information?..
Call Helen today to arrange a FREE quote: 01235 413823 www.whitehorsesecurity.co.uk
“Wishing you a very sunny holiday building great memories!”
White Horse Fire & Security