Christmas is a busy time buying and wrapping the perfect presents, decorating the tree, attending parties and ticking everything off the festive list. But, how can you make sure your efforts aren’t wasted on someone out to help themselves to a slice of your hard work?
Here are 6 Tricks you can tick off your festive list to help keep your home safely under wraps this Christmas:
1. Secret present stash – hiding your gifts from your loved ones at home can be really tricky. Remember that keeping presents in your car or van is a no no, it’s just a risk not worth taking. Finding somewhere at home to keep your presents is definitely the safest option. However, if your home doesn’t have the perfect hiding place and you decide to store larger gifts in an outside shed or garage, just check they’re locked securely and ideally are covered by a security light or monitored by a home security cctv system.
2. Once wrapped – for most of us the wrapping process can take hours, unless you’ve mastered the art of gliding scissors or tape-less wrapping. Once your stunning gifts are wrapped and labelled we’d advise you keep them back in your perfect hiding place until Christmas Eve. However, if you like to put them under the tree nice and early, make sure they’re not visible to anyone passing by your home or attracting any unwanted attention.
3. Increase your home comforts this Christmas – Christmas is a great time to entertain and enjoy your beautiful home, but it’s also a time we need to be a little more security conscious. So to help increase the comfort of your home, why not install a home security system which can monitor your home whilst you’re out buying the last festive, finishing touches. With an easy to use mobile and tablet app, you can check all your cctv cameras whilst you’re out. You can check to see if that all important last parcel was delivered!
4. Not so social – it’s all too tempting for you and the family to post photos on social media of your festive home with the presents laid out under the tree, but with loose privacy settings and location tracking switched on, are we making it too easy for our festive images and address details to get into the wrong hands? Take a few minutes to check your social media privacy settings, and save posting photos of your beautifully wrapped presents until Christmas Eve.
5. After Christmas – for the lucky ones, Santa might bring you a sparkly new MacBook Pro, or a top of the range road bike or perhaps a state of the art 4K TV. If you’re throwing away the packaging, don’t leave it outside your home, visible to passers. Instead, break it up and disguise and big brand names on the packaging so’s not to advertise what valuable goodies are now at your address.
6. If you’re away this Christmas – for the lucky ones jet setting this Christmas don’t forget to leave your home looking well lit, secure and as though you’re still home. Take a look at another of our blogs for more tips on ways to keep your home safe Before you head off on your….
Summer Festive Holiday!
We wish you all a merry Christmas!
We’re here for you all year round. For a FREE no obligation quote for all your new home requirements, please call us on: 01235 413823 or simply book your perfect quotation slot on our website here.
Join us for more great security tips and advice @whitehorsealarm